Daniel Kolawole/TNTV Network
The Senate Committee on Public Accounts has given twenty-five Ministries, Departments and other Agencies 7days Ultimatum to submit income and expenditure operations from 2017 till date. The defaulting MDA’s are to make the submissions on or before the 20th-27th of November 2019.
The Chairman of the Committee, Senator Mathew Urhoghide gave the directive while addressing press at the National Assembly on Wednesday to defaulting MDA’s in order to enable the Committee carry out special functions in ensuring accountability and transparency in the management of public funds.
Senator Mathew Urhogide (Chairman, Senate C’tee on Public Accts)
The MDA’s include;
1) Office of the Accountant General of the Federation
2) Federal Inland Revenue Service
3)Niger Delta Development Commission
4) Federal Capital Territory
5) Assets Management Cooperation of Nigeria,
6) National Agency for Science and Engineering Infrastructure
7) Nigerian Investment Promotion Council
8)Federal Ports Authority of Nigeria,
9)Nigeria Football Federation,
10) Federal Road Maintenance Agency,
11)National Space Research and Development Agency
12) Nigerian Building and Road Research Institute,
13)Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency,
14)Petroleum Equalization Fund (Management) Board,
15) Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs,
16) Presidency Amnesty Programme,
17)Nigerian Petroleum Development Company,
18) Small and Medium Enterprise Development Agency,
19) Nigerian Airspace Management Agency,
20)Nigeria Insurance Trust Fund
21) Industrial Training Fund,
22) Nigeria Railway Corporation,
23) National Primary Health Care Development Agency
24) Federal Road Safety Corps
25)Central Bank of Nigeria.
Mathew said several letters have been written to the MDA’s for submission of their accounts, hence given the last opportunity to make submissions before invitation to face the Committee for their public hearing.